Like I don’t have enough lists going… recipes I want to do, books I want to read, crafts I want to finish… but here’s another one. Anyone else making lists of things to do in 2011?
I asked my husband very early in the morning of New Year’s Day what he wanted to accomplish this year. We’ve had a lot of interesting things happen this year… difficult, frustrating, challenging things. And so much of our lives has been out of our control, teaching us to just trust God and let him do his thing. Even though I/we need to give up control of the big picture plans, there are still little things I am in control of and want to accomplish this year.
1. Finish my contracted braille course. It’s already paid for, I just need to do the lessons already!!
2. Run/walk a half marathon, hopefully with my husband/family.
3. Finish reading my BBC books list. 🙂
4. Cook 1 new recipe a week. My former coworker/friend got me a great cookbook for Christmas, and I need to use it!
5. Finish sewing my advent calendar.
6. Finish cross stitching Tyler’s stocking, so the poor guy finally has a stocking that matches mine. 🙂
7. Take a vacation with Tyler, just us. This is gonna be tough – without my income during student teaching, this year will be tight. But I know we’re going to need a break, and I’m going to work as hard as I can to make sure we get it!
8. Send Tyler to Indy 500. Also tight, but doable, since he can stay with family there, and it’s the 100th anniversary! He’s got to go, it’s just too perfect.
Eight goals… that’s good, I think. If all eight get done, I will feel like 2011 was a very successful year!